Funkwerks, a Saison-focused craft brewery located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is currently looking to hire a brewer to join our team.
The Brewer position is a regular full-time, hourly position that represents an entry-level, multi-skilled brewing position responsible for assisting in the production of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. The functions of a Brewer will be performed under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with acceptable quality.
Essential job functions:
- Brewing late night and overnight shifts 2-3 times weekly, rotational. Two weeks on, and four weeks off of the night shift.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment. Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP’s and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Understanding of brewing and cellaring processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation, and sterilization techniques.
- Produces quality wort according to SOP’s including, but not limited to, target gravity, IBU, color and volume.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with laws, regulations, and accepted business ethics.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery which may require 12 hour days, weekends, and holidays.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts and to lift up to 55lbs repeatedly.
- Safety & Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Mechanical Understanding—the individual easily understands how things work, and can quickly troubleshoot mechanisms that need repair or adjustment.
- Problem Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Requirements for this position:
- Formal brewing education or related brewery experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
No phone calls please.
Email only. Please email resume with experience details and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow up only via email.
Resumes will only be accepted through Oct. 13th, 2016.