Based on a recipe from BrooklynBrewShop.comINGREDIENTS
- 1 pound arborio rice
- 4+ cups vegetable stock
- 1 330ml (11.2 oz) bottle of Saison
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1/4+ cup parmesan cheese
- In a medium pot bring stock and Saison to a simmer.
- In a second heavy bottom pot melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add arborio and cook 1 minute stirring. Reduce heat to medium low.
- You're going to want to pause here to open a beer for yourself. Make sure you don't forget to take a few sips throughout the next steps.
- Next, add one cup of simmering stock/beer mixture at a time stirring until each cup is absorbed before adding the next. This should take about 25 minutes. You want the risotto to be super creamy but the rice to still hold its shape.
- About 20 minutes into cooking melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat in a skillet, add mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste the risotto and continue adding more liquid (even beyond the 4 cups called for) if it is not soft yet. Just add a few tablespoons at a time until it is to your liking.
- When all the liquid for the risotto has been absorbed turn off heat and stir in mushrooms, parmesan, and remaining tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and feel free to get a little heavy-handed with the parmesan cheese.