A classic cocktail with a tropical twist. The bright, fruity flavors of Tropic King take a traditional Old Fashioned to a new level of indulgence. Go the extra mile with a freshly burnt orange twist and gourmet dark cherries. Our Imperial Saison imparts just a touch of sweetness and you can further customize how sweet or dry you'd like your Old Fashioned by adding more or less cherry syrup.
- 2 ounces Funkwerks Tropic King
- 1.5 ounces whiskey or bourbon
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 large ice cube or sphere
- 1 gourmet dark cherry
- ½ ounce cherry syrup (or to taste)
- 1 orange, cut into wheels
- 1 flamed orange twist
- In a rocks glass, gently muddle one cherry and one orange wheel slice.
- Add ice cube.
- Pour Tropic King, whiskey, bitters, and cherry syrup over the ice.
- Here comes the fun part: carefully use a lighter or match to burn the edges of an orange peel, then, without burning your fingers, twist the peel over your glass to release the lightly caramelized orange oils into your cocktail.
- Garnish with remaining orange slice and a cherry on a toothpick.